Re: ALTER TABLE TODO items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE TODO items
Date
Re: ALTER TABLE TODO items  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> 1. alter table alter type on a clustered index seems to drop the cluster

I tweaked things so that the clustered flag is preserved for indexes
that aren't directly affected by the ALTER TYPE.  It would take more
work to preserve the setting for an index that is rebuilt by ALTER TYPE,
and I'm not even sure that it's sensible --- the new index could have
a significantly different ordering from the old.  What do you think?

> 2. alter table cluster on seems to give a strange error message of the
> index name is really the name of a table.

There were several bugs there ... think I got them all ...