Re: Help, 400 million rows, query slow, I stopped after 5 days - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help, 400 million rows, query slow, I stopped after 5 days
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Christian Hofmann" <christian.hofmann@gmx.de> writes:
> work_mem = 650240            # min 64, size in KB

> But where can I find the sort_mem? In postgresql.conf is nothing with that
> keyword :-(

work_mem and sort_mem are the same ... so looks like you already pushed
it up.  Actually, maybe you pushed it up too far --- are you sure that
the machine has 650M RAM available to spare?  On Unix I'd suggest
watching free memory and swap activity to tell if it's too high, but
I dunno how to tell on Windows.

            regards, tom lane