Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: GIN index build's allocatedMemory counter needs to be long, not - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: GIN index build's allocatedMemory counter needs to be long, not
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Jeremy Drake wrote:
>> I don't know if this has been discussed before, but you are aware that it
>> is not dictated by the C standard that sizeof(long) == sizeof(void*)?

> Yes, and there is lots of work left to do to support that.

Yeah.  The current code convention is to use "long" when counting space
allocations --- see tuplesort.c for instance --- so I made this do
likewise.  At some point we should try to migrate away from that,
but not today.