Re: Drop database / database in use question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Armbrust
Subject Re: Drop database / database in use question
Date
List pgsql-general
This is interesting.

On windows, if I attempt to drop a database when I am purposefully
holding a connection open to the DB, it fails immediately - ~ 100 ms.

On linux, if I do the same thing, the drop database command takes
upwards of 4 seconds before it gives up, and says it can't drop the
DB.

Is this expected?  Is there some way I can control how long it will
block the drop command, waiting for the DB to not be in use?

Thanks,

Dan