Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
List pgsql-www
On Jan 17, 2005, at 16:04, Josh Berkus wrote:

> We were having issues with encodings, and with page formatting, and
> JPUG wants
> to direct people primarily to postgresql.jp anyway.   For most
> languages,
> it's easier for us to populate the main website, and let the
> regions/languages with their own websites grab copies if they want
> them.
> Japanese was turning into a pain, so we just dropped that idea.
>
> Of course, if you want to fix the Japanese page and load it onto
> wwwmaster,
> you're welcome to.

I'd be happy to give it a shot. I'd like to see www.postgresql.org
handle as much as possible. I can't promise I'd get it done by prior to
the release, especially as someone else will have to commit it (we're
down to hours now, aren't we?), but if I'd like to try. (And even if
it's not a benefit now, at least the groundwork will be in place for
the future.)

Any particular place I can grab the Japanese page and a sample of
another so I can see what the goal is?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com