Re: Building Press Pages for Web site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Building Press Pages for Web site
Date
List pgsql-www
Michael,

> I'm curious to know what the reasons are/were for leaving the Japanese
> press releases off of the main site. Didn't see it posted to the list.
> Would it be possible to see the archives of that discussion?

We were having issues with encodings, and with page formatting, and JPUG wants
to direct people primarily to postgresql.jp anyway.   For most languages,
it's easier for us to populate the main website, and let the
regions/languages with their own websites grab copies if they want them.
Japanese was turning into a pain, so we just dropped that idea.

Of course, if you want to fix the Japanese page and load it onto wwwmaster,
you're welcome to.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus