Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, October 5, 2020 15:20, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> The uuid-extension needs to be installed by a super user:

. . .

--------+------------------+------------------+---------------------+------+------------+----------+----------+----------+-------------------+----------+------------------+-------------
>   public | uuid_generate_v4 | uuid             |                     |
> func |
> volatile   | safe     | postgres | invoker  |                   | c        |
> uuid_generate_v4 |
>
> NOTE: Owner = postgres.

Ah, I copied the wrong line from the history display.

I am so confused by this.  I tried to do this:

[root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]#  psql -E --dbname=idempiere
--username=idempiere_dbadmin --host=localhost
Password for user idempiere_dbadmin:
psql (11.8)
Type "help" for help.

idempiere(5432)=# alter role "idempiere-dbadmin" set search_path = 'adempiere,
pg_catalog, public';
ERROR:  role "idempiere-dbadmin" does not exist
idempiere(5432)=#

If the role idempiere-dbadmin does not exist then how did I connect to the
idempiere database?

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3