Re: pg_restore loops forever past EOF for corrupt custom archive files - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Chad Wagner
Subject Re: pg_restore loops forever past EOF for corrupt custom archive files
Date
List pgsql-patches

"Chad Wagner" <chad.wagner@gmail.com> writes:
> This patch modifies the ReadStr function in pg_backup_archiver.c to validate
> the result of *AH->ReadBufPtr matches the value of l.

If we're trying to defend against premature EOF, this hardly seems like
a sufficient patch.

I agree, but it is better than nothing.  If you have some suggestions or other areas of the pg_restore code that I should take a look at then I don't mind doing so.

The patch at least raises awareness to this problem.