Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Now it's hoverfly:
> ! nm -A -u libpq.so.5 2>/dev/null | grep -v __cxa_atexit | grep exit
> libpq.so.5: atexit               U           -
> libpq.so.5: pthread_exit         U           -

Ugh.  What in the world is producing those references?

(As I mentioned upthread, I'm quite suspicious of libpq trying to
perform any actions in an atexit callback, because of the uncertainty
about whether some later atexit callback could try to use libpq
functions.  So this seems like it might be an actual bug.)