Re: wrong relkind error messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: wrong relkind error messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> There might be room for some wordsmithing in a few places, but generally I
> think this is complete.

This looks good to me.  I am +0.1 on your proposal of "cannot have
triggers" vs Michael's "cannot create triggers", but really I could go
with either.  Michael's idea has the disadvantage that if the user fails
to see the trailing "s" in "triggers" they could get the idea that it's
possible to create some other trigger; that seems impossible to miss
with your wording.  But it's not that bad either.

It seemed odd to me at first that errdetail_relkind_not_supported()
returns int, but I realized that it's a trick to let you write "return
errdetail()" so you don't have to have "break" which would require one
extra line.  Looks fine.