Re: I guess I'm missing something here WRT FOUND - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: I guess I'm missing something here WRT FOUND
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9 Nov 2010, at 5:11, Ralph Smith wrote:

> How is "COLLEEN" not there and there at the same time?

Not really sure what your point is (don't have time to look closely), but...

>       IF LENGTH(Word)>0 THEN
>         Word2=substring(Word from 1 for 50) ;
>  --     PERFORM SELECT COUNT(*) FROM zbus_tokens WHERE token = Word2 ;
>  --     IF FOUND THEN
>           PERFORM RNotice1(1,''value'',Word2) ;    -- line 29
>           INSERT INTO zbus_tokens (token) values(Word2);
>           J=J+1 ;
>           IF J % 100 = 0 THEN
>             PERFORM Rnotice2(1,''Row'',I,''Inserts'',J) ;
>           END IF ;

>         ELSE
>           K=K+1 ;
>           PERFORM RNotice2(1,''did not'',I,''K'',K) ;   -- line 37
>  --     END IF ;

You just connected this ELSE block to the IF statement it was nested inside. You probably need to comment out the rest
ofthis ELSE block as well.

>       END IF ;

> Again, 7.4 BITES!

Well, 8 is better, but 7.4 was pretty ok. I think you're blaming your own error on the database here ;)

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4cd8fdd810262051411171!