Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 02:28:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> +1, but let's put an entry on the 9.6 open-items page to remind us to
>> make that decision at the right time.

> It's that time.  Do we restore the max_parallel_workers_per_gather=0 default,
> or is enabling this by default the right thing after all?

At this point I'd have to vote against enabling by default in 9.6.  The
fact that in the past week we've found bugs as bad as e1a93dd6a does not
give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the parallel-query code being ready
for prime time.

Of course the question is how do we ever get to that point if we chicken
out with enabling it by default now.  Maybe we could keep it turned on
in HEAD.