Re: Second message: "Problem generating database using pgAdmin III - PostgreSQL version is 9.1" - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Hager, Paul CIV NAVSEA Crane, NAVSEA
Subject Re: Second message: "Problem generating database using pgAdmin III - PostgreSQL version is 9.1"
Date
List pgadmin-support
I was only able to get to this today.

I created the two files - schema and data per your suggestion below.  Ended up with a relatively small schema file and
alarge data file, which is what I expected.  They are located c:documents and settings\phager\my documents or something
similar.

Then I hit a snag.  I assume on Windows XP I'm supposed to go to the command line.  "psql" is not recognized.  I went
toc:\program files\9.1\bin\ and found psql.exe.  I set my directory in "My Documents" and then did the following:

"c:\program files\9.1\bin\psql" -h localhost development-pgs < dsYYYYMMDD

That generated the following error: FATAL: role "phager" does not exist

I haven't a clue what the problem is.  What's a "role" and why is it treating part of the pathname as a "role"?

Thanks,

Paul Hager

Computer Scientist
Code WXMP, Bldg 3330W