Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, I read in their documentation that the dns_sd.h interface was
>> deprecated, but not that it had been intentionally disabled.

> I think it is supposed to work; the code suggests that it should.  I
> can't quite find out what the error number is supposed to mean though.
> The source is here:
> http://avahi.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.6.25-1ubuntu1/avahi-compat-libdns__sd_2compat_8c-source.html

> ... ah!  here it is -- BadParam:
> http://avahi.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.6.25-1ubuntu1/dns__sd_8h-source.html

Interesting.  I coded the call to default everything it could, but maybe
Avahi is a little less forgiving about NULL parameters.  In particular
it wouldn't surprise me if they thought that there *must* be a callback
function --- we're playing fast and loose with the API by not bothering
to check for a response from the daemon.