Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The source is here:
> http://avahi.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.6.25-1ubuntu1/avahi-compat-libdns__sd_2compat_8c-source.html

After reading that code, I am content to remain forcibly non compatible
with it.  If we relied on this it would inject threading into the
postmaster, which was precisely the thing that got the previous Avahi
patch rejected last year :-(

Apple's implementation of the same API does not appear to require
any threading:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder-176.3/mDNSShared/dnssd_clientstub.c
Hm, seems to be Apache license ...