Re: dissallowing access to databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomas Berndtsson
Subject Re: dissallowing access to databases
Date
List pgsql-general
zaor@sky.pl (Pawel Zaorski) writes:

> Hello.
>
> How can I prevent user from connecting to certain databases?
>
> For example:
>
> user1 has database user1. But he can easily do '\c otherdb' to connect
> to a database own by other user.
> And what scares me most, he cat create his own tables in this
> database(!!)
>
> In my pg_hba.conf I have a line:
>
> local        all                                           crypt
>
> which (IMO) means that any user can connect to any database. How to
> change this to allow users connect *only* to their db?

That the user can connect to other databases, indicates that you have
created that user as a superuser, i.e. he have permission to create
new postgres users. If the user is not a superuser, he shouldn't be
able to connect to other databases, than the ones he own or have
explicit permission to.

Tomas