dissallowing access to databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zaor@sky.pl (Pawel Zaorski)
Subject dissallowing access to databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello.

How can I prevent user from connecting to certain databases?

For example:

user1 has database user1. But he can easily do '\c otherdb' to connect
to a database own by other user.
And what scares me most, he cat create his own tables in this
database(!!)

In my pg_hba.conf I have a line:

local        all                                           crypt

which (IMO) means that any user can connect to any database. How to
change this to allow users connect *only* to their db?

PS. Forgive, if the question is obvious. Just point me to the right
explanation in the doc/faq.

--
greetings,
Pawel Zaorski