Re: pg_recvbuf errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_recvbuf errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex <alex@meerkatsoft.com> writes:
> i noticed in my server logs (which have grown to over 100mb) that i got
> a lot of error messages saying pg_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client
> connection.

This indicates a client disconnecting without sending a polite goodbye
(namely a Terminate or 'X' message).  This isn't really dangerous,
unless the client failed partway through a transaction; but still you
might want to clean it up to avoid the chatter in the log.

Some of our client libraries used to be in the habit of just
disconnecting, so if you're using older client libraries then an update
is the first thing to try.

Otherwise, it's likely an application programming bug, ie, quitting
without closing down your database connections first.

            regards, tom lane