Re: Fw: Re: Could Not Connect To Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Fw: Re: Could Not Connect To Server
Date
List pgsql-general

On 4/23/20 3:26 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 4/23/20 1:37 PM, Dummy Account wrote:
 From the Finder, I think that is the same a File Explorer on Widows.   From Finder, it's locked; I cannot access it.  Could I use the command line and change ownership or access privledges?  And then get access?

Why not from the command line use a text editor to view the file(s)?

Thanks

Does this work for you in a terminal?
sudo su - postgres
<your login password>
cd /Library/PostgreSQL
find . -name log
From your first post, that ought to find the "log" mentioned in the output (and possible more than one if you have multiple installations).  As Peter pointed out that's a directory.  The logs will be in there.
cd <dir found from find command>
ls -ltr
Should show the most recent file last.  That's likely the file of interest.