RE: how to slow down parts of Pg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Brannen
Subject RE: how to slow down parts of Pg
Date
List pgsql-general

>From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>

>What you need is async replication instead of synchronous replication.

The only way I can think of to do that in our present situation would be to

buy DRBD-Proxy, which becomes a single-point-of-failure and goes against the

idea of HA (it seems like a good product for disaster recovery but that's not

the goal). In addition, since we're trying to move away from DRBD and go to

WAL streaming, that doesn't seem like the best use of time and money. :)

If you'd like to expound on other ways/tools to do that, I'd love to hear about it,

although this might be better off-list.

Thanks,

Kevin

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.