Re: Regression test fails with postgresql*-test package - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Regression test fails with postgresql*-test package
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Mon, 2021-10-11 at 01:11 +0900, Tomoaki Sato wrote:
> When I try to run a regression test, it fails as follows:
>
> ----
> $ cd /usr/pgsql-14/lib/test/regress
> $ make
> rm -rf testtablespace results
> mkdir testtablespace results
> [ -x /usr/bin/chcon ] && /usr/bin/chcon -u system_u -r object_r -t
> postgresql_db_t testtablespace results
> ./pg_regress --inputdir=. --psqldir='/usr/bin'   --dlpath=. --
> schedule=./parallel_schedule
> ./pg_regress: unrecognized option '--psqldir=/usr/bin'
>
> Try "pg_regress -h" for more information.
> make: *** [installcheck-parallel] Error 2
> ----
>
> The --psqldir option has been changed to the --bindir option. Also,
> serial_schedule has been removed.

Apparently you are the first person to run RPM provided regression
tests at least since v10 :-) Thanks for the report. Committed patch (I
also merged a change in Fedora's makefile) to all supported versions.

> I made a patch, so I will attach it.

Thanks. This change will appear in next month's minor release updates.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment