Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, February 9, 2014 22:35, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 3.2.2014 07:53, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> PS. I used data delicious-rss-1250k.gz from
>> http://randomwalker.info/data/delicious/
>
> I'm working on extending the GIN testing to include this test (and I'll
> use it to test both for GIN and hstore-v2 patches).
>
> I do have the dataset, but I need the queries too - how did you generate
> the queries for your benchmark? Do you have some query generator at hand?
>
> In your Dublin talk I see just this query type
>
>   select count(*) from hs where h @> 'tags=>{{term=>NYC}}';
>
> but that seems inadequate for representative benchmark. Are there other
> types of queries that need to be tested / might be interesting? E.g.
> queries with multiple search terms etc.?

There is the hstore operators table (Table F-6) that you can perhaps use to generate queries?  (I am working on this
too.)
At least it contains already a handful of queries.

To get at the bits in that table, perhaps the perl program attached here helps:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f29d70631e2046655c40dfcfce6db3c3.squirrel@webmail.xs4all.nl

YMMV, I guess...

Erik Rijkers