Re: pg_upgrade project status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: pg_upgrade project status
Date
Re: pg_upgrade project status  (Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I think it's fairly easy to install Perl on Windows actually.  It
> doesn't sound too onerous a requirement if you want in-place upgrade;
> actually it looks a very reasonable one.
>
> Much more reasonable than Korn shell in any case (or any shell for that
> matter; I think anything is going to be more of a potentially painful
> platform dependency than Perl).

May I humbly recommend to rewrite in Python? That should be as
difficult / easy as PERL, AND there is a very robust py2exe
implementation, which allows to create a single .exe file which
contains everything.

Python is present on all Linux, Windows users are totally comfortable
with .exe files.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa