Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Replying to myself....
> Postgres is definitely NOT started as LocalSystem account; so using a
> "logical not" on Microsofts Words that could indicate the reason why
> our service-backends consume that memory? Add to this that MS SQL runs
> as LocalSystem; and as much as I know also Oracle.

just some lines further down:

"""Every service process executed under a user account will receive a
new desktop in a noninteractive window station created by the Service
Control Manager (SCM). Thus, each service executed under a user
account will consume the number of kilobytes of desktop heap specified
in the third SharedSection value. All services executed under the
LocalSystem account with Allow Service to Interact with the Desktop
not selected share the desktop heap of the "Default" desktop in the
noninteractive service windows station (Service-0x0-3e7$)."""

it is exactly as suspected ... just starting the service allocates that heap

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare