Re: replace strtok() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: replace strtok()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18.06.24 13:43, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> But I would like to see more const char * where this is possible.
>
> For example, in pg_locale.c
> IMO, the token variable can be const char *.
>
> At least strchr expects a const char * as the first parameter.

This would not be future-proof.  In C23, if you pass a const char * into
strchr(), you also get a const char * as a result.  And in this case, we
do write into the area pointed to by the result.  So with a const char
*token, this whole thing would not compile cleanly under C23.

> I found another implementation of strsep, it seems lighter to me.
> I will attach it for consideration, however, I have not done any testing.

Yeah, surely there are many possible implementations.  I'm thinking,
since we already took other str*() functions from OpenBSD, it makes
sense to do this here as well, so we have only one source to deal with.