Re: Function to promote standby servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Function to promote standby servers
Date
Re: Function to promote standby servers  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> Maybe the patch needs regression tests for the new function. And I'd
> suggest to make the function name more clear by changing to
> pg_promote_server(), pg_promote_standby() and so on.

Thanks for the review.

The attached patch has regression tests - I though it would be good
to change some of the existing tests that run standby promotion to
use the SQL function instead of pg_ctl.

I have left the name though -- as far as I can tell, "promote" has
no other meaning in PostgreSQL than standby promotion, and I believe
it is only good to be more verbose if that avoids confusion.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment