Re: Vacuum statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ilia Evdokimov
Subject Re: Vacuum statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 15.8.24 11:49, Alena Rybakina wrote:

I have some suggestions:

  1. pgstatfuncs.c in functions tuplestore_put_for_database() and tuplestore_put_for_relation you can remove 'nulls' array if you're sure that columns cannot be NULL.
We need to use this for tuplestore_putvalues function. With this function, we fill the table with the values of the statistics.

Ah, right! I'm sorry.

  1. These functions are almost the same and I would think of writing one function depending of type 'ExtVacReportType'
I'm not sure that I fully understand what you mean. Can you explain it more clearly, please?

Ah, I didn't notice that the size of all three tables is different. Therefore, it won't be possible to write one function instead of two to avoid code duplication. My mistake.