Re: BUG #14295: Hot standby crash during tsvector rebuild - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Spencer Thomason
Subject Re: BUG #14295: Hot standby crash during tsvector rebuild
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Please see the attachments.

I have included the master and slave configs and python scripts that trigger this on our systems.

The way to reproduce this are:
- create a new database
- setup streaming replication to 2 or more slaves
- run the populate_db.py script
- if slaves do not crash, run the purge_db.py script followed by the populate_db.py script again.

I didn’t see failures immediately but within 15-20 mins of inserting records, the slaves crashed.

Also, I should note that this is on a SPARC T2 at 1.4GHz so the single thread performance might be a factor as well.
Attachment