Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Adam Gray
Subject Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
For what it's worth, there isn't any belligerence intended.  We're just merely asking in order to determine how much
morewe have  left to do before it can be considered.  Reverting the src directory change at this point is rather minor
comparedto the work that's been put into it so far.  There's still a little work to be done chasing down the corner
cases,but it's good to have the conversation now so the patch can be in an acceptable form when submitted rather than
gothrough a more extensive revision process after-the-fact.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Grittner
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:20 AM
To: Dave Cramer; Hannu Krosing
Cc: Bryan Varner; Florent Guillaume; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource

Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Dave Cramer wrote:

>>> Yes, moving everything to src will not work for the project.

>> Could you also tell _why_ it would not work ?

> There's no technical reason as to why it would not work.
>
> The project has used this layout for as long as I can remember.
> If we were to change it for this patch why not change it for every
> patch ?

My opinions, FWIW:

(1)  A change like this should be done as a separate patch, so that it doesn't make it harder to find substantive
logicalchanges to the code.  I recommend that you offer the improvements to XADataSource without the source file
relocation,and if you want to convince people to reorganize the directory structure work on that at a different time on
anew thread.

(2)  I strongly prefer having a src directory below the top level.

(3)  I don't think anyone is advocating that each patch be allowed to reorganize the directory structure; it's a
questionof which is the best way to organize it long-term.

--
Kevin Grittner
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company