Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Dave Cramer wrote:

>>> Yes, moving everything to src will not work for the project.

>> Could you also tell _why_ it would not work ?

> There's no technical reason as to why it would not work.
>
> The project has used this layout for as long as I can remember.
> If we were to change it for this patch why not change it for
> every patch ?

My opinions, FWIW:

(1)  A change like this should be done as a separate patch, so that
it doesn't make it harder to find substantive logical changes to
the code.  I recommend that you offer the improvements to
XADataSource without the source file relocation, and if you want to
convince people to reorganize the directory structure work on that
at a different time on a new thread.

(2)  I strongly prefer having a src directory below the top level.

(3)  I don't think anyone is advocating that each patch be allowed
to reorganize the directory structure; it's a question of which is
the best way to organize it long-term.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company