Re: Problems with high traffic - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ben Bostow
Subject Re: Problems with high traffic
Date
List pgsql-performance
I am running postgresql 7.2.4-5.73, Dual P4, 1GB Ram. The big problem
is that I redirect all internal port 80 traffic to my web server so I
see all traffic whether it is a virus or not and intended for my server
or not. I originally had a problem with running out of memory but I
found a bug in my software that kept the DB connection open so the next
time a new connection was made on top of that. As soon as I removed
that I started getting the processor problem. I am working on patching
my kernel to have the string matching and other new iptables features
to limit the virus traffic but I would like to figure the Processor
problem out as I am working on moving everything to the 2.6 kernel when
RedHat finalizes their release.

I am not familular with many of the logging features of postgres just
the outputing the output to a file instead of /dev/null.

Benjamin