Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 03:47:58PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Are you sure you're looking at the patch I sent,
>> toast-compression-guc-rmh.patch? I can't help wondering if you applied
>> it to a dirty source tree or got the wrong file or something, because
>> otherwise I don't understand why you're seeing things that I'm not
>> seeing.

> I'm guessing Tom read this hunk as being changes to
> check_default_toast_compression() rather than removing the function ?

Yeah, after looking closer, the diff looks like
check_default_toast_compression is being modified in-place,
whereas actually it's getting replaced by CompressionNameToMethod
which does something entirely different.  I'd also not looked
closely enough at where NO_LZ4_SUPPORT() was being moved to.
My apologies --- I can only plead -ENOCAFFEINE.