Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I may be wrong, but the most likely explanation seems to be this is due
> to the junk filter initialization, which simply moves past the end of
> the mtstate->resultRelInfo array.

resultRelInfo is certainly pointing at garbage at that point.

> It kinda seems the GetForeignModifyBatchSize call should happen before
> that block. The attached patch fixes this for me (i.e. regression tests
> pass with no valgrind reports.

> Or did I get that wrong?

Don't we need to initialize ri_BatchSize for *each* resultrelinfo,
not merely the first one?  That is, this new code needs to be
somewhere inside a loop over the result rels.