Re: getting around 'out of memory' errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: getting around 'out of memory' errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Rajarshi Guha <rguha@indiana.edu> writes:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:50 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think you are getting burnt by the list of pending trigger actions
>> to check the foreign-key references in B.

> Thanks for the pointer. I've dropped the constraint and am now running
> the INSERT.
> However when I look at the output of top, I'm seeing that the %MEM value
> is continuously increasing and I'm worried that I'm going to hit the
> same problem in a few hours.

Sure you got all the FK constraints involving table B?  Do you have any
AFTER triggers other than the FK constraints?

> One thing I did not mention previously is that table A has some
> constraints on some fields (notably field b is specified to be NOT
> NULL).

Plain old CHECK constraints shouldn't matter.  Tell us more about those
functions in the SELECT though --- what are they?

            regards, tom lane