Re: Three animals fail test-decoding-check on REL_10_STABLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Three animals fail test-decoding-check on REL_10_STABLE
Date
Re: Three animals fail test-decoding-check on REL_10_STABLE  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Does this mean it didn't build the test_decoding module?

> I'm wondering if it built it but didn't install it, as a result of
> some problem with
>> bedda9fbb7 Mon Dec 31 21:57:57 2018 UTC  Process EXTRA_INSTALL
>> serially, during the first temp-install.

So it appears that in v10,

    ./configure ... --enable-tap-tests ...
    make
    make install
    cd contrib/test_decoding
    make check

fails due to failure to install test_decoding into the tmp_install
tree, while it works in v11.  Moreover, that's not specific to
gaur: it happens on my Linux box too.  I'm not very sure why only
three buildfarm animals are unhappy --- maybe in the buildfarm
context it requires a specific combination of options to show the
problem.

There's no obvious difference between bedda9fbb and 6dd690be3,
so I surmise that that patch depended somehow on some previous
work that only went into v11 not v10.  Haven't found what, yet.