Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres? - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres?
Date
List psycopg
On 12/06/2016 07:41 AM, Yang Gao wrote:
> Yes, we are trying to use sqlAlchemy over psycopg2. However, my experiments have been on standalone psycopg2. Because
Iwas working back and forth, I took the wrong connection string.

I have to apologize. I was going back over the thread to see if I missed
anything and I found you did mention using SLQAlchemy in your first post.

> Here's the exact string that I'm using in stand-alone psycopg2:
>
> 1. conn_string = "host=fqdn_hostname' dbname='dbname' krbsrvname='postgres'"
> or
> 2. conn_string = "host=fqdn_hostname' dbname='dbname'"
>
> The 1 gives the error of: psycopg2.OperationalError: invalid connection option "krbsrvname"
> The 2 gives the error of: psycopg2.OperationalError: GSSAPI authentication not supported

This is to the remote host, correct?

Also what are the pg_hba.conf entries for the local and remote hosts?

Where does your libpq come from?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com