Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres? - Mailing list psycopg

From Yang Gao
Subject Re: Does psycopg2 support Kerberos for Postgres?
Date
List psycopg
Yes, we are trying to use sqlAlchemy over psycopg2. However, my experiments have been on standalone psycopg2. Because I
wasworking back and forth, I took the wrong connection string.
Here's the exact string that I'm using in stand-alone psycopg2:

1. conn_string = "host=fqdn_hostname' dbname='dbname' krbsrvname='postgres'"
or
2. conn_string = "host=fqdn_hostname' dbname='dbname'"

The 1 gives the error of: psycopg2.OperationalError: invalid connection option "krbsrvname"
The 2 gives the error of: psycopg2.OperationalError: GSSAPI authentication not supported

Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Thanks.

Yang