Re: threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> I did get a note from my SCO contacts that they are looking into how
> to make it easier for stuff to be threads ready, but I don't expect
> that to be ready for 7.5 release.

> The -Kpthread on all libpq using programs is the easiest way FOR NOW.

Hmm.  If there is work happening at the platform level to improve
matters, then I'd definitely vote for taking the simplest solution
(ie -Kpthread everywhere) for now.  We can always do all that other
work later if nothing gets fixed; but why invest a lot of work for
what might be only a short-term problem?