Re: threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 09:54:02 +0200 Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
<ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> wrote:

>> I know, this sucks, but, I don't see any other way, other than linking
>> *ALL* libpq-using programs (including initdb and friends) with -K
> pthread.
>
> How about making a libpq.so (without pthread) and a thread safe
> libpq_r.so ?
That's against the way this platform does things.  I.E. the only
library is libc.  All the other system supplied libs do the right thing
in the presence or absence of libthread in the image.

I did get a note from my SCO contacts that they are looking into how
to make it easier for stuff to be threads ready, but I don't expect
that to be ready for 7.5 release.

The -Kpthread on all libpq using programs is the easiest way FOR NOW.

Thanks,
LER