Re: [HACKERS] snapbuild woes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] snapbuild woes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/05/17 18:18, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2017-05-05 13:53:16 +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>>>

>> I am not sure I understand the ABI comment for started_collection_at.
>> What's the ABI issue? The struct is private to snapbuild.c module. Or
>> you want to store it in the ondisk snapshot as well?
>
> It's stored on-disk already :(

Hmm okay, well then I guess we'll have to store it somewhere inside
running, we should not normally care about that since we only load
CONSISTENT snapshots where running don't matter anymore. Alternatively
we could bump the SNAPBUILD_VERSION but that would make it impossible to
downgrade minor version which is bad (I guess we'll want to do that for
master, but not back-branches).

Services