Re: Could not remove file messages - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Could not remove file messages
Date
List pgsql-novice
Mija Lee <mija@scharp.org> writes:
> We're running 8.1.4. Relevant log messages below:

> 01:45:59 PDT WARNING:  could not remove file or directory "base/11210840": File exists
> 01:45:59 PDT WARNING:  could not remove database directory "base/11210840"

Hm, on what platform?  There are known reasons for this to happen on
Windows (basically, that removing files can be delayed if the bgwriter
process still has them open).  I'm not sure to what extent that's been
fixed in later PG releases.  But you really ought to be running 8.1.9
anyway ...

            regards, tom lane