Re: Querying a parent table's child schemas - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Matthews, James
Subject Re: Querying a parent table's child schemas
Date
List pgsql-novice
In my database there is the public schema (default) with the parent
alarms table.  Each 'customer' has their own schema via CREATE SCHEMA,
and then each schema has an alarms table (CREATE TABLE alarm INHERITS
public.alarms).  While the tabloid column seems like it should work when
I do the following:

SELECT a.date, a.log_msg, p.relname
FROM alarms a, pg_class p
WHERE a.tableoid = p.oid;

The relname column just lists alarms for every row.  I'm looking to find
the schema name, not the table name.  Is it a little clearer now?
Regardless thank you for your reply as I believe that it is a step in
the right direction!  Any further advice would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

James L. Matthews, III