Re: 'full_page_writes=off' , VACUUM and crashing streaming slaves... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'full_page_writes=off' , VACUUM and crashing streaming slaves...
Date
List pgsql-general
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> While the master was still being setup and data was being loaded, the
> system ran out of open file descriptors and Pg crashed a few times
> until this was realized and corrected.

Could you provide a bit more detail than that?  Usually the behavior we
see under out-of-FDs conditions is that everything else on the system
starts to fall over badly, but PG keeps soldiering along to some extent.
I would not expect data corruption to result, anyway.

If you've got the postmaster logs from this episode, it would be useful
to see what complaints got logged.

            regards, tom lane