[HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Huong Dangminh
Subject [HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Default for hot_standby parameter should be "on" from PostgreSQL 10?

In PostgreSQL 10, -w option is default for [pg_ctl start].
So in order to start standby we have to setting hot_standby to "on" or
start standby with -W option.

Change hot_standby to "on" will fix this inconvenience.
wal_level is also changed default to "replica" in PostgreSQL 10,
this might not be affect to primary.

Just a little bit but I attached the patch.
---
Thanks and best regards,
Dang Minh Huong
NEC Solution Innovators, Ltd.