Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Teran
Subject Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?
Date
Re: Any real known bugs about wrong selects?
List pgsql-general
> You appear to be asking "Does it work?" ???

Yes ;-)

> PostgreSQL has been used in many real business
> applications for a number of years, and in recent
> times, more and more large, mission critical systems.
> Check http://advocacy.postgresql.org for more on that.

Checked that, sounds great.

> I have been reading the PostgreSQL mailing lists for
> several years now, and have seen many bug reports.
> Few of these turn out to be actual bugs, usually they
> are due to error or misunderstanding by the user, or
> else hardware failures.  In those few cases where the
> bugs are genuine, there is usually a patch released
> within hours of the report.  Try and match that
> anywhere else.

The real question was: are there open known bugs where a select
statement does not return a correct result, meaning a wrong number of
rows? Were there a lot of errors like this?
We are asking this because this makes trouble with the database we are
currently using. Of course we know that there is no guarantee that
pgsql works 100% bugfree but we are only asking for user experience.

regards David