Re: Updating the owner of a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Updating the owner of a function
Date
List pgsql-general
Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> pg_dump: WARNING: owner of data type "plr_environ_type" appears to be invalid
> etc

> Becuase the original owner does not exist (uid 100) in pg_user. I was
> wondering if it would be safe to do:

> UPDATE pg_proc SET proowner = <appropriate owner id>
> WHERE proowner = 100;

It would be safer to create a new user with sysid 100, who would thereby
acquire ownership of the orphaned objects.  You could possibly go around
and locate all the owner columns and do the above, but what about
permissions (ACL columns)?

            regards, tom lane