Re: Problem with GRANT in 7.4.19 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dawid Kuroczko
Subject Re: Problem with GRANT in 7.4.19
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Kakoli Sen <kakolis@cdacb.ernet.in> wrote:
> This time the command     GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE "casDatabase" to
> tester;     did not give error.
>
> But the permission is still not there. I run the following commands :
>
> psql -d casDatabase -U tester -W. Then \z command shows empty Access
> Privileges on all tables.
>
> Also select * from table_name; gives error :
>
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation table_name

You have to GRANT permissions to each and every table separately.

This is how most (all big) databases work. :-)

   Regards,
     Dawid

PS:
SE:LECT 'GRANT ALL ON '||schemaname||'.'||tablename||' TO tester' FROM
pg_tables; -- to get you started. :)