Re: SURVEY: who is running postgresql on 8 or more CPUs? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dawid Kuroczko
Subject Re: SURVEY: who is running postgresql on 8 or more CPUs?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 6/2/05, Dirk Lutzebäck <lutzeb@aeccom.com> wrote:
> I just got one reply for this survey. Is almost nobody using postgresql
> on 8+ machines?

My guess is when someone is using PostgreSQL on 8+ machine, she's
in highly competitive (or sensitive) market and either cannot give
company's work details to everyone or simply doesn't want to.

Probably if you asked 'I am thinking about buying 8-way Opteron
box, does PostgreSQL have problems with such hardware' you
would get a response.

But surveys are awfully close to statistics and many people simply
doesn't like them.  (They say that 46.7% of statisticts are just made
up ;-)).

   Regards,
      Dawid