Re: Adaptec/LSI/?? RAID - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: Adaptec/LSI/?? RAID
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:00:09 -0700 William Yu <wyu@talisys.com> wrote:
> I've previously stayed away from Adaptec because we used to run Solaris
> x86 and the driver was somewhat buggy. For Linux and FreeBSD, I'd be
> less worried as open source development of drivers usually lead to
> better testing & bug-fixing.

Adaptec is in the doghouse in some corners of the community because they
have behaved badly about releasing documentation on some of their
current RAID controllers to *BSD developers. FreeBSD has a not-quite-free
driver for those latest Adaptecs. OpenBSD wants nothing to do with them.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net
Averill Park Networking