make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject make error Mac OS X (ar: illegal option -- s)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, I get the following error when I run make on Mac OS X v 10.1.5  Any
ideas ?
ar: illegal option -- s
usage:  ar -d [-TLv] archive file ...
         ar -m [-TLv] archive file ...
         ar -m [-abiTLv] position archive file ...
         ar -p [-TLv] archive [file ...]
         ar -q [-cTLv] archive file ...
         ar -r [-cuTLv] archive file ...
         ar -r [-abciuTLv] position archive file ...
         ar -t [-TLv] archive [file ...]
         ar -x [-ouTLv] archive [file ...]
make[2]: *** [libpgport.a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

A search on Google resulted in these related links :

http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/scipy-dev/2002-May/001000.html

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/13077/2002/8/200/9392778/

http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.internals/12072

I *think* it means Mac OS X reuiqre ranlib instead of ar.

- Joel

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France